Repair VW Sharan. Diesel engines: 1,9 l TDI.
+ 1. Introduction
+ 2. Engine VR6
+ 3. The two-litre engine (ADY)
+ 4. System of greasing of the engine
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. System of injection of fuel of engine VR6
+ 7. System Simos of injection of fuel of the 2,0-litre engine
+ 8. Ignition system
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. A mechanical 5-step transmission
+ 11. Shaft of a drive of wheels
+ 12. The steering hydraulic booster
+ 13. A forward suspension bracket
+ 14. A back suspension bracket
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. An electric equipment
+ 17. The diesel engine
+ 18. System of greasing of the diesel engine
- 19. System of cooling of the diesel engine
+ 19.1. A cooling liquid
- 19.2. A radiator and the fan
19.2.1. A cover of a radiator and radiator check
19.2.2. Removal and installation
19.2.3. Check of the fan of system of cooling
+ 19.3. The pump of a cooling liquid
19.4. The thermostat
+ 20. The power supply system of the diesel engine and turbocharger
+ Maintenance service card
+ Specifications and characteristics
Folksvagen Sharan/Sharan repair>> System of cooling of the diesel engine>> Radiator and the fan>> Check of the fan of system of cooling
The faulty fan can become the reason of an overheat of the engine. If the fan has broken during a trip it is necessary to stop, allow to the engine to cool down, and then on average turns to reach to the nearest car-care centre. During such trip necessarily watch temperature of a cooling liquid and a control lamp of an overheat of the engine. If it will be necessary, stop for some time to allow to the engine to cool down.
If the fan does not join at engine heating in due time, check up a thermoswitch located on a lateral face of a radiator:
- Include the engine and allow to it to work before fan inclusion;
- Slowly remove a stopper of a broad tank, gradually exhausting;
- Place the thermometer in a broad tank. The temperature should be between 92—97 ° C. At such temperature the fan works on the first speed. At temperature 99–105 ° C the fan works on the second speed. If the fan does not join, pull out both wires from a thermoswitch and connect them with each other. Include ignition. The fan should join at once. If it has occurred, replace a thermoswitch, and then inspect again.
The fan electric motor is protected by the fuse which can fuse. If the safety lock is perfectly in order, check up the fan electric motor:
- Separate tips of a wire and establish a crosspiece between the plug of a red-black wire and positive pole АБ;
- Connect a crosspiece the plug of a brown wire to negative pole АБ.
If the fan does not earn, replace it. The damaged wires can be a cause of defect.