Repair VW Sharan. Diesel engines: 1,9 l TDI.
+ 1. Introduction
+ 2. Engine VR6
+ 3. The two-litre engine (ADY)
+ 4. System of greasing of the engine
- 5. Cooling system
+ 5.1. A cooling liquid
+ 5.2. A radiator and the fan
+ 5.3. The pump of water cooling of the 2,0-litre engine
+ 5.4. The pump of water cooling of engine VR6
5.5. The thermostat of the 2,0-litre engine
5.6. Engine VR6 thermostat
5.7. A poliklinovoj belt
5.8. The circulating pump of a cooling liquid
+ 6. System of injection of fuel of engine VR6
+ 7. System Simos of injection of fuel of the 2,0-litre engine
+ 8. Ignition system
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. A mechanical 5-step transmission
+ 11. Shaft of a drive of wheels
+ 12. The steering hydraulic booster
+ 13. A forward suspension bracket
+ 14. A back suspension bracket
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. An electric equipment
+ 17. The diesel engine
+ 18. System of greasing of the diesel engine
+ 19. System of cooling of the diesel engine
+ 20. The power supply system of the diesel engine and turbocharger
+ Maintenance service card
+ Specifications and characteristics
Folksvagen Sharan/Sharan repair>> Cooling system>> Engine VR6 thermostat
The thermostat 3 (fig. 193) is in the separate case of 1 thermostat in which except the thermostat two temperature gauges settle down: the gauge of 9 temperatures of a cooling liquid and the gauge of 10 inclusions of the fan of system of cooling at the idle engine.
Fastening of three temperature gauges in the thermostat case is a little unusual. They not привернуты, and fasten spring clips which are necessary for opening by means of a screw-driver, in case of removal of gauges. Temperature gauges have O-shaped sealing rings thanks to which demanded tightness is provided. Штекерные колодки if they are disconnected, it is impossible to mix, as they of different colour; at the gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid двухштырьковый a socket, and at the gauge of inclusion of the fan of system of cooling at the idle engine — четырехштырьковый a socket.
The thermostat is located under a cover 4 (to which the hose is attached) with an O-shaped sealing ring 6.
Removal of the thermostat of engine VR6 spend as follows:
- Open a cover of a broad tank;
- Merge cooling liquid at least to level of installation of the thermostat (about 4 l of a cooling liquid);
- Disconnect a hose from a cover of the thermostat and uncover;
- Take the thermostat.
The thermostat is not subject to repair and consequently at its malfunction it is necessary to change.
Check of working capacity of the thermostat is spent in the same way, as for the thermostat of the 2,0-litre engine. It is necessary to replace the faulty thermostat.
At thermostat installation:
- Use a new sealing ring;
- Check up a hose clip before again it to tighten on a hose;
- Fill in cooling liquid in cooling system.
If details from the thermostat case at their installation observe following recommendations acted in film:
- Establish the case of the thermostat with a new sealing ring on the engine and tighten long bolts 2 (above, fig. 193 see) the moment 10 Н·м;
- If have been removed a cover of the case 7 and the pipeline of a cooling liquid necessarily replace their sealing rings. The pipeline of a cooling liquid insert densely into a cover and wrap bolts of 2 fastenings (below, fig. 193 see) covers the moment 10 Н·м;
- If temperature gauges 9 have been removed and 10 establish new O-shaped sealing rings, insert the corresponding gauge and pull over it from above a spring clip;
- If the pipeline of a cooling liquid on both ends of the pipeline it is necessary to establish new sealing rings has been removed.